CALL FOR REGISTRATION: Visit membership registration page.
*** HONORARY MEMBERS – Who are they? ……..
All Registered or Certified Associations, Cooperatives, Corporations, Enterprises, and Organisations working in the interests of Beekeepers, Beekeeping and Stakeholders along the Apiculture Value Chain in line with the objectives of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP), that wish to belong. Applications for membership are to be presented (together with a copy of proof of Registration or Certification, Statutes of the Association or Articles of Incorporation where Applicable, three names of the persons entitled to represent the entity, information on number of members and their bee colonies/Apiary. Full members are entitled to participate in the General Assembly of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) with the right to vote, be voted forexpressed through their official delegates.
Can be Bodies, Institutes and Laboratories pursuing Studies or Research in Apiculture and Related Topics. Applications for membership are to be presented (together with a copy of proof of Registration or Certification, other relevant registration documents where Applicable.Applications should be submitted by the official representative to the Secretariat, specifying the denomination, headquarters, objectives, management and any other additional, pertinent information. Associate members are entitled to receive from Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) and its specialised bodies any kind of assistance and support as per the statutes and relevant internal regulations. A single vote participation is allowed in the General Assembly of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP).
All individuals having a genuine interest in the aspects of Apiculture and institutions that have economic objectives in the sectors of production and trade of apiarian products or in connection with manufacture or retail of technical equipment wishing to collaborate with NAP, may be admitted to become part of the Platform as individual members. Individual correspondents are entitled to receive assistance from NAP and its specialised bodies on institutional matters. They may be elected to take up office in the bodies of NAP, but have no voting rights during the General Assembly. Registrants in NAPCongress gain individual membership of NAP for one year following the congress.
Students having genuine interest in the aspects of Apiculture and Institutions that have economic objectives in the sectors of production and trade of Apiarian products or in connection with manufacture of technical equipment wishing to collaborate with NAP, may be admitted to become part of the Platform as members. Applications for membership are to be presented (together with a copy of the student’s identity card, a letter of introduction from the school written by the Head of Department, Administration, Principal or the Competent Authority) and other relevant registration documents where Applicable. Applications should be submitted by the official representative to the Secretariat. Students may receive assistance from NAP and its specialised bodies on relevant matters to the student. They have no voting rights during the General Assembly.
|S/NO||Category||Registration Fee (N)||Annual dues
Associations, Cooperatives, Organizations, Corporations
NGOS, CSOS, Academia,
The Secretariat is to proceed with the Admission and Registration of those in compliance with stipulated guidelines.
FULL MEMBERSHIP EXPLAINED
Full Members – may be any Association, Organisation of Beekeepers and Apiculture Value Chain in line with the objectives of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) that wishes to belong to Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) and will participate and benefit from interventions and projects attracted by NAP.
Full Members are given a number of votes at the General Assembly according to the following:
- One voting Right to a Geopolitical Zone of a State REGISTERED Association with a number of beekeepers according to the following table:
|Category||No of Beekeepers||Assignment of Votes|
In addition, NAP shall issue Hive and Processor traceable numbers. ALL Bee Hives deployed by a Registered Member/s shall have numbers written on the hives. In the event that the hive is out of commission, or Processor’s factory, the numbers to the hives or the processor number shall be communicated to the Platform immediately stating the reason and possibility of reactivation.
RIGHTS OF THE MEMBERS
1. Voting Rights
To be eligible to vote or be voted for, the member MUST be:
- Financially up to date prior to the expiration of nomination of names.
- Only Full and Associate members are eligible to vote or be voted for.
- All nominations MUST comply with all stipulated guidelines for the election.
- All Members have the right to put forward persons of their choice whoqualify for election to vacant Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) posts.
2. Other Rights
- All Members have the right to submit to the relevant Scientific Commissions presentations and papers for publication in congresses, symposia and publications. Selection and decisions shall be effected by the Scientific Commissions, whose decisions are binding.
- All Members and their representatives have the right to participate in congresses, symposia and other events organised by Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) at a lower charge.
- To attend AGMs, the Platform shall extend a 50% rebate sponsorship not exceeding Fifty Thousand Naira (N50,000.00) to one representative with Full membership.
DUTIES OF THE MEMBERS
Membership of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) obliges all Members:
- To follow the Statutes of the Platform, the bylaws, guidelines and the resolutions passed by Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) and its bodies in accordance with the articles of the Statutes;
- To refrain from any activity contrary to the goals of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) and the resolutions passed by its bodies;
- To pay the annual membership fee within the first three months of thepreceeding year.
- In the case of late payment, the Management Board shall be entitled to suspend the rights of the Member in question whilst in default;
- To foster the ideas of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP), to supply the Platform with notices, information and suggestions for improvements;
- To notify the Secretariat of any changes of the persons entitled to represent them without delay. Should the Member in question fail to do so, then Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP) will continue to regard the previous person as still entitled to represent the Member.
EXPIRATION OF MEMBERSHIP
I. Membership expires:
- by resignation: the declaration is to be sent by registered mail, in writing and signed by the authorised representative, to the Secretary of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP), three months prior to the end of a calendar year;
- if the annual membership fees have not been paid within one year of falling? due;
- if the Member is barred by resolution of the General Assembly because the Member has violated the Statutes of the Platform or the resolutions passed by the Platform’s bodies.
II. The loss of membership is decided upon by the Executive Council and endorsed by the General Assembly.
III. It comes into force at the end of the year of endorsement. It automatically takes away any rights of the excluded Member to the assets of Nigeria Apiculture Platform (NAP).