WHAT IS NIGERIAN APICULTURE PLATFORM
The overall objective of the platform is to enhance contribution of bees and other pollinators to food security and improve livelihoods in Nigeria.
It is anticipated that the Nigerian Apiculture platform will strengthen end users at community level to improve the control of pollinator disease and pests, develop a Nigerian policy frame work for apiculture and use of bee hives product for rural livelihoods.
- Creation of Bee health facilities for innovative technologies and provision of pest risk analysis base lines and bench marks.
- Validated bee disease and pest management modules with efficient field-based diagnostic tools.
- Create awareness on the honeybee health and conducive environment for enhanced bee disease control, access to markets, and consumer safety.
- Promote and enhance capacity of bee keepers/farmer’s associations in Nigeria on the bee health management systems and policy options.
- Build consensus on the integration of investments into productive bee health infrastructure, bee biodiversity conservation and human and institutional capital, in a way that reduces pressure on the crops and forest pollination services
- Establish/strengthen Members states producers’ organization for input supply management and cooperative marketing
NAP Launch PhotosMore Photos
NAP GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
See a complete list of nominated members of NAP Governance structure and Executive Council members as constituted during the launching of the Platform in AbujaRead more
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
Nigerian Apiculture Platform is sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, African Union Inter-Bureau for Animal Resources. See list of sponsors.Read more
In Nigeria, and across the world, bees are crucial to agriculture, the environment and livelihoods.This is why the Federal Government of Nigeria considered it necessary to embark…Read more